Pregnancy Chiropractic Care in East Stroudsburg, PA
Pregnancy is a beautiful time in a woman's life, but it is also a time of aches, pains, and discomfort. Many women will suffer these burdens without treatment. At Key to Health Chiropractic, we offer safe, effective pregnancy chiropractic care. Our chiropractors use gentle, soothing chiropractic techniques to help women through this wonderful but difficult period.
Common Aches and Pains in Pregnancy
Women experience a wide range of discomfort during the months of pregnancy. Some common problems experienced by pregnant women include:
- Lower back pain - During pregnancy, the woman's center of gravity shifts, causing lower back pain.
- Nausea - Nausea is a common problem in the early months of pregnancy but will follow some women to the end of the term.
- Tiredness - Pregnancy discomfort can lead to poor quality sleep, leaving many women feeling tired all day,
- Anxiety - Hormone shifts can cause anxiety in pregnant women.
- Heartburn - Heartburn is caused by changes in hormones and physical changes that women undergo during pregnancy.
- Leg cramps - Leg cramps are a common problem in the second and third trimesters and is likely caused by pressure on the uterus and the weight of the baby.
How Your Chiropractor near East Stroudsburg Can Help
As your chiropractor, we can help you manage the pain and discomfort of pregnancy. We use a safe, non-invasive treatment method called spinal adjustment to help realign the vertebrae and keep the body functioning as normally as possible. A spinal adjustment can help reduce pressure on the spinal cord, lessen back pain, improve patient comfort, regulate hormones and improve the functioning of the immune system.
In addition to spinal adjustment, we use the following techniques to help our patients:
- Lifestyle advice - Staying healthy during pregnancy is critical for the safety of the mother and the baby. We offer lifestyle advice that can help prevent injury and promote good health through the full term of the pregnancy.
- Nutrition counseling - Eating right is important for the mother and baby. We teach expectant mothers how to "eat for two" in healthy ways.
- Stretches and exercises - We teach expectant mothers to perform gentle stretches and exercises. These stretches and exercises help patients manage their pain, improve flexibility and strengthen muscles that are needed during labor and delivery.
Benefits of East Stroudsburg Chiro during Pregnancy
There are many reasons to come to our chiropractic office during your pregnancy!
- Chiropractic care can help regulate hormones.
- Spinal adjustment and stretches and exercises can reduce pain and discomfort.
- Chiropractic techniques can improve the immune system to help expectant mothers fight off infection.
- Chiropractic care can even help reduce chances of a Caesarian section delivery.
Contact Our Trusted Chiropractor Today!
Chiropractic care can help you stay safe and healthy during pregnancy. To find out more about pregnancy chiropractic care from your chiropractor near East Stroudsburg, call us today for an appointment at (570) 476-4100.